An Ultrasound will give you the information you need
when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Our ultrasounds are performed by a licensed medical professional.
An ultrasound will confirm:
1. the baby's heartbeat (a live pregnancy)
2. the location of the baby (inside of the uterus)
3. the estimated gestational age of the baby (how many weeks into the pregnancy you are).
If you would like to schedule an ultrasound, contact us today!
* We offer medical services only at our Charleston office. All Choices offices are able to refer clients to Charleston for an ultrasound, after an initial office visit.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does this an ultrasound appointment last?
- Are ultrasounds painful?
- What type of ultrasound will I receive?
- Do I need insurance to have an ultrasound?
- How far along do I have to be to get an ultrasound?
- Can you tell me if the baby is a boy or girl?
- Can you tell me if the baby has birth defects?
Ultrasound appointments usually last an hour, including the paperwork.
You choose! Our licensed medical professional can perform either an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound. She will discuss these options with you during your appointment We want you to be comfortable.
No. Relax and know that it is not painful. Ultrasounds have been used to image pregnancies for more than 30 years.
No. At Choices our services are at no cost to you. We are funded by generous people in the community who care about women.
Your ultrasound can be performed between 6-14 weeks. If you are more than 14 weeks, then the licensed medical professional will check only for a heartbeat and then end the examination.
No. The baby will be too small to tell the gender.
No. Our ultrasound exams are limited and are only used to check the three items listed above, heartbeat, location, and gestational age.