There are many reasons you might be considering abortion.
You're not alone. Some of our staff have been where you are, and have considered or had an abortion.
Since abortion is a medical procedure, there are many factors to consider. Many people don't realize that there are several types of abortion:
- RU486 (Abortion Pills) - (within 4-10 week LMP*)
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration - (within 7 weeks LMP*)
- Suction Curettage - (within 6-14 weeks LMP)
- Dilation and Evacuation - (within 13-24 weeks LMP*)
- Late Term - (20 weeks to full term)
*LMP refers to last menstrual period
We provide medically accurate education about abortion procedures, side effects and risks.
We are not an abortion clinic so we have no financial interest in your decision. We're here to provide information so you can weigh your options and make the best decision for you.
WHEN CONSIDERING AN ABORTION:
- Confirm you're pregnant. Choices offers medical grade pregnancy testing at no cost to you.
- Receive an ultrasound. An ultrasound will assess if your pregnancy is viable (baby's heart is beating and baby is located in uterus) and how far along you are. Many pregnancies end in miscarriage, and an ultrasound will show that your pregnancy is viable. Abortion procedures are limited based on how far along you are, so you need to know that information.
- Consider your future. Choices helps you work through questions you may have about your future, so you can make an informed decision.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Each option has its own set of risks, complications and long-term impacts. We're here to provide you with information so you can weigh your options and make an informed decision.
Remember, you have time; you don't have to make a decision right away.
*If you're struggling after an abortion, we want to help. Click here for more information.*